Saturday, May 11, 2019

Family times

Oh. Cathy, what a gift--to spend time with a little one.  Treasure every moment.  She sure sounds like a "go getter".  And she sounds as though she has a brain in her head.  She must be a "keeper", and she's yours to enjoy.

I have never been able to see the appeal of Pickeral.  I think I tried it once and gave up half way through because of all the bones.  Maybe it just needs to be cooked right.  But then Cathy feels the same way about Tulibee if I remember.  Have found that cooked, frozen Tulibee is just fine heated up in the microwave.

Yesterday we were out and about a bit.  I'm on  "Dash" with Starbucks this week.  This means that if I make a purchase every day for so many days, I get some points towards free food.  So that had to be worked into our plans.  For awhile now I've want to get some Inktense Watercolor Blocks, but have put it to the back of my mind because of the price.  Yesterday, knowing there was a sale on at the art supply store across town, we headed there. I had prepared myself for a price-y purchase, and was very selective in my choices.  I looked around and found some Lumiere Fabric paint that was on sale and picked up three bottles of that, as well.  The check out was very very slow.  She had to find a code number on each of my paint sticks--pressed into the block and very hard to find and read.  Then she had to match that to numbers in her computer.  while this was going on, I asked her if, by chance, the Inktense blocks were on sale, and was surprised that they were 40% off.  In fact, everything in the store was on sale!  so off I went to see if I could find a sketch book with light weight pages to use for rubbings.  Alas no, all of the books there were too good  a quality.  lol

In the morning, David had spread all of the four bags of mulch he had bought.  Not a good decision to my mind, as he also had to load up each bag in the wheelbarrow and move it to the front yard before spreading it.  But we quickly realized that four bags was not nearly enough.  So purchasing more of that was also on our list of errands. Luckily, there was staff on hand to help him load them but now they have to be unloaded from the car before we hit the highway this afternoon.  He was pretty stiff and sore when he got up this morning.

There is the opening reception of a show at the gallery in Selkirk today, and I have a piece in the show, so should attend.  I even baked a batch of Melting Moments for the refreshment table.  There is also a prediction of rain and thunder storms for later this afternoon, and David wants to be off the highway early, so we might head home before the end of the reception.











No comments:

Post a Comment