Monday, May 6, 2019

Garden work...

Be that I might have your two fellows come by here and freshen up things - not to be I guess. But glad you are happy with the job done Pati as that means they have recruited you as customers sure to call on them again.
The sit upon is no more. During the winter the roof collapsed from snow, and over the past years it has sadly deteriorated to be unsafe at best. So the handy little electric chain saw was brought out and cut, cut, cut, and it was in pieces. Three trips to the dump and it was gone. I have many happy memories of my "sits" "upon" it - early in the morning with my coffee watching the sun come up, or later in the evening taking pause of the day that was, and pondering the day to come!  So quick as can be the space it occupied was transformed with 16 new purchased cement blocks into another resting place - table and chairs in place and umbrella up. My wild rose bush that I cherish so much ( reminds me of home) still stands - all alone - it had rested along the trellis of the sit upon but now is free standing. I must trim it and them support it somehow on it's own so it will continue to flourish.
So many tomatoes are now outside in pots - I have to cover them all at night as the temperatures still hover around zero, and I still have to heat the greenhouses. The yard looks like a chinese laundry when I have all the sheets hanging over the fences and the chairs and whatever else I can use to dry them out ready to put back on at night. The side fence works great especially since the Dutch couple are not in residence, but they come on June 8 this year for their yearly extended visit so I will not be able to do that with them next door.
Another week is upon us and here's hoping that we all have a good time of it. The Lotto Max draws start twice a week now with a draw Tuesdays and Fridays so I must remember to get a ticket - not that it did any good this past Friday, but someone won the $50 M so I know it can happen haha!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment