Friday, May 10, 2019

How right you are...

This sounded like the perfect day...for all of you including Grandma!  Very interesting and what a variety of activities. Sounds as if Chloe likes to be kept busy? Is that so?  Not sure about the fish saga though, for Jim and you, but at least you came away with some fillets for the freezer. When I was there visiting last Sept, you (Jim was actually at the grill if I remember correctly) cooked up some pickerel and what a delightful meal.
We had salmon at Mike's today and I enjoyed that as well. I guess you could safely say that I enjoy all fish meals.  Some time ago I was lamenting the fact that my sewing machine needed me ( or was it I needed my sewing machine haha!) Anyway it traveled all the way to Mike's today and once he and I examined his surplus army tent for needed repair, I was able to sew on two missing flaps for the bottom (where the tent pegs fasten) I had cut off some old flaps from an old tent lying in our yard for years and took them just in case and they worked out just fine. Not the nicest looking sewing work, but it did the trick! 
I just came in from covering up the plants again - I so enjoyed the last two nights of "worry free no covering" weather but tonight and tomorrow night are hovering around zero again, so had to cover. One might consider trying to get away with it but all I have to do is think of the last four plus months of my work and stress and anxiety trying to keep the plants warm in less than ideal weather (and one night sitting in the greenhouse in the middle of the night in the cold and dark, when the power went out, and lighting candles to create some heat ).
So now I plan to watch a quilt show on the computer, and sip at my hot milk and then hit the sack.  Take care folks and enjoy the weekend. I'll wish you a Happy Mother's Day now but I'm sure to write again before the weekend is over. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment