Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Here we go again...

The storm is to come to day and into tomorrow...rain, freezing rain, snow - and whatever else comes our way. I am prepared with the plants and stands and greenhouses, but do not know what effect such torrents will have around the yard or on the roof, or indoors for that matter. But thank goodness we do not have flooding like so many in Ontario and the East do. 
Enjoyed your report on your Session Pati and to see the pictures as well - a class of students all busy at their machines with their heads down and working away! They must surely have enjoyed the class as well. So do you think after this success that you might be game for more of the same??
We went shopping in Huntsville Tuesday and toured around a bit to see all their water - they had a state of emergency as well with the downtown flooding, but it seems to be receding a bit I think.
Hard to believe that it is May Day - the first day of May is here. I would feel like dancing around the pole in merriment if it weren't for the pending storm, and the snow and ice that still lays around our yard. 
But there is rhubarb!!!!  I cleared the patch of dried leaves etc and the tiny little shoots are glorious in there little red coats. It was funny because I had the dog with me when I looked and said out loud "now Michael will be happy to know his pie will be on the way" and didn't he telephone once I got back into the house and didn't he tell me how much he was looking forward to his rhubarb pie! It made me feel good inside haha!
So now I prepare for the next few days. I must go to visit Daisy as she and her family are up for the week - they dropped by on Sunday when I was out in the yard raking leaves so I had a brief conversation at the side of the road but will look forward to sitting with a nice cup of tea with her - I am never sure she actually knows me or follows the gist of the talk all the time, but she smiles and laughs a lot so that is what matters?
Take care now and do something happy for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment