Friday, May 3, 2019

For a change, we have rain!

Nice soft rain by the feel of it - I just had the dog out for his early morning thing. The plants are all covered outside which means of course, that the sheets and blankets are all soaking wet.  This is when I wish I had a cloths line - to hang my dirty laundry haha! But trees and the like will just have to do, again, once the weather clears.  We set up the water barrels yesterday (always a wonderful partner sharing moment) and there are some leaks which I expect I shall have to rectify once the weather clears as well. Only once the barrels are up, there is always the potential for the water to flow down to the front of the house and once again the pump needs to be used. Always such fun eh??
I read all your messages Pati about financial issues (eg going to the Insurance agent yesterday) and I sit here wondering what I am missing in being vigilant about our situation. I try the best I can to keep on top of everything but still I think at times, that I am not. For that reason I appreciate your comments - it keeps me in the loop and thinking all the time and often triggers me to respond. The pension issues that you pursued a bit back spurred me to action, but still, as the only one here involved with said management, I worry all the time. Visiting Daisy the other day and seeing her having moved into a severe dementia state and speaking with her son who has an appointment Tuesday in Toronto with the people responsible for assessing for placement, I am even more concerned with us. I guess this is a natural concern as we start to get older and assess our own support systems (or rather lack of any) 
Friday is here again and the weeks seem to come and go quickly. I am thinking about our responsibility to watch Mike's home and animals starting May 21 when he heads out for his Archeology Field Study semester. Since he is back over the weekends, we have to go really only once in the middle of each week to check and hoping all shall be well. They are heading to a Huron Site somewhere about 2 hours from Sudbury or so he thinks, and is actually getting quite excited about the experience. They each have to provide their own accommodation ( ie tent) but food etc is provided. (of course he has paid his tuition for this course so I expect part of that goes towards such expenses) I must admit that I too, live through his experiences with some great excitement - I am happy for him adventuring with his life the way he has chosen, and so far doing very well for it.
Time for some breakfast and then get on with the day(ugh) Have a fine weekend folks, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment