Saturday, December 28, 2019

And now the build up to 2020

But before that comes Happy Anniversary to Pati and Dave. Do you have anything special planned?  Christmas was quiet here. All the fuss and worry and supper is done before you know it. Jean brought triffle for dessert so it really was a Christmas dinner. I remember alternating Christmas with auntie Lorrain. I have a very vague memory of eating upstairs but I remember lots of meals downstairs after they put in the rec room and Kenny’s bedroom. Our turn was always in the basement and I would get so excited when daddy lit the pudding on fire. And Kenny and I always got raw carrots as a treat and didn’t have to eat the cooked ones. How my tastes have changed. We had Brussels sprouts and we ate them all. (Of course frying them with mushrooms, onions and bacon helped).  Jean is selling her Jeep in Brandon today so Jim is meeting her there to bring her home. I offered to go and keep him company but he knew I really wanted to stay home. Since he is letting me I guess I should do something while is is gone. My new oven needs cleaning and I am almost afraid to do it, but it is set. It would only let me do 5 hours. I wanted to try something shorter. Oh well. I’ll see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment