Thursday, December 26, 2019

Early Boxing Day

Here I am up very early on Boxing Day - could not sleep and the dog Bailey was out of sorts - he got up around three thirty and had to go out - so I took him out in the dark and cold. He settled in after that but I could not so I stayed up. Checked for messages and played my favourite Christmas song on the computer - Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea.  It was the perfect song to listen to in the background as I read the Blog. So many memories revisited and many happy thoughts to go along with those memories and with Family. We certainly are scattered now so it makes get togethers not so convenient anymore - especially since my "bus" no longer exists to carry me away to Family in Manitoba haha!  But this Blog takes its place for me now and, I so love it to keep me connected.
A very wonderful visit to Mike yesterday to celebrate Christmas and a phone call with Willie while there made the day complete. Driving was fine but today brings a freezing rain warning - so I plan to stay at home to ruminate about the day before and start to straighten up a bit. Harry has plans to make onion soup with the boney remains of the Prime Rib Roast so I expect I shall have to round up the little dishes for that - they will be frozen individually once filled - makes for a quick meal down the road. 
Mike treated me with a special gift - the set of four books by John Sandford - the Kidd Series. I am so excited to now "own" this series - I can read them anytime... again and again.  Same as you Pati with your Monkeewrench Series.  Cathy I am sure you also covet some special books/series - what???
So greetings on this special day my sisters....Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment