Thursday, December 19, 2019

Questions about the weather...

Yes, Cathy I agree about your question related to temperatures. Right now it is minus 29 C and feels like minus 35 C outside.  I just had the dog out for his morning outing, and too cold for his little feet - he sniffed about for awhile and then made a beeline for the door.  Me too, haha! And then made a hot coffee.....
It is sort of countdown until Christmas here - I am trying to wrap some gifts to take to Mike's and some for Harry and I to open here at home. We usually come back from the trip to Mike's and settle into our unwrapping before bed on Christmas night.  And as is my custom now, at 7 pm my time, I shall raise a glass in honour of you folks Pati and Cathy, my sisters, and wish you well, and wish for a wonderful year ahead in 2020 for us all. 
Come the weekend we shall be getting into the "prep' for the Christmas meal - Prime Rib Roast for us this year. But there is all the gathering, and finding dishes, and planning how to store and pack and take etc that goes along with any trip away for a meal. 
But here is something exciting I did for myself...... on Tuesday at the Thrift Store they had 50% off all Christmas items. I had a look and could not believe that there was a set of gorgeous Christmas dishes. Now Pati, I have always envied you for having your dishes and the fact that you bring them out for Christmas and always wanted to do that for myself ( do you still or did you sell them - I cannot remember what you did?) There are four large plates, four small plates and two bowls ( like cereal dishes I guess) There were some cups and saucers but i did not buy those as have no need for them. I washed them up and packed them and intend to take to Mike's to set our Christmas table. I shall feel great. And afterall, it is all about us isn't it? haha!
Well, morning has broken and I shall get on with the day. Hoping you folks are doing fine, and thinking of you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment