Saturday, December 28, 2019

Now that you mention it----

I do have a vague memory of eating Christmas dinner at our house, and even of seeing a picture, a few years back, of Uncle Mernie and Kenny, and some one else sitting around a table in what had been the front main floor bedroom of the house. I don't ever remember eating a meal in the dining room that Dad created out of the Living room/ bedroom next to the kitchen. But, I was probably out of the house by the time he built that, although I remember using it for the buffet we had at your wedding reception, Cathy. Before he had a dining room, the basement would really have been the only viable option in that tiny house.  I even remember people square dancing in the basement!

We have nothing huge planned for our anniversary.  Rather, we plan to go to see the movie "Cats", tonight.  It's at our local theatre.  I can't remember the last time we went to a movie that wasn't on "half price Tuesday".  Maybe, when the original Star Wars came out?  Or maybe a few years ago when Loren, Amber and the children went with us to a movie at the theatre in Grant Park Shopping Center to celebrate someone's birthday- probably for Amber's girls.

David bought me a couple of "quick pick" lottery tickets for Christmas.  We checked them yesterday and took away nothing.  Oh well, at least no wrapping paper to dispose of.

The next few days are almost like "the lull before the storm".  Nothing planned, no urgent errands.  Since we didn't win the lottery, I can't even head out to buy fabric.  Beth now has the Kidd novels to read, and I started the Monkeewrench novels, but not before reading the most recent one-"Ice Cold Heart".  A tease Beth-Roadrunner has met a lady, and it looks promising.  She, too, has a past.  Having started back at the beginning, I realize that the author(s) has been very clever in setting up everything for a lengthy series.  Of the 6 main characters, after 7 books, only three of them are set up for "happily ever after", although to be fair, two secondary characters who disappeared after 4-5 books, found happiness in each other.  This means that we have something to look forward to  in future books.

Cathy, you've always been the one in the family who truly loves and collects books.  Do you have a favourite series to recommend? I believe you've been through a few genres; -which are you favouring right now?  Have you read the "Red Sister", "Grey Sister", and "Holy Sister" series?  I thought of you while reading it. I heard about it from Loren, who often reads similar books to what you read.

In the studio, there is a piece in progress, that I expect to post, on the other blog, sometime this weekend.  This is another modern, improv piece that has been inspiring and challenging  enough to put me in a bit of a creative frenzy.  Something to keep me busy over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment