Sunday, December 22, 2019

What a tease you are.....

Oh Pati how I wish I were there at your home right now and enjoying the fruits of your labour. They look wonderful and I so love mincemeat tarts. And I wouldn't say no to a wee nip either, haha! I just made myself a hot milk to sip before bed time but I guess I could pretend?  And today I made a shepherds pie for my meal as I love it and I needed some soul food, of which shepherds pie is one. 
Very mild with temp around 35 F today so I did the roof again - shoveled off the snow so that with melting and then freezing again the snow would not create the ice buildup I am so dreading. I have made a pledge to myself to shovel the roof frequently this winter, so that I will not face the terror of the spring thaw and leaking as I did last year - so far I am keeping to my promise and doing it according to my plan. Good for me....
Three more sleeps and Christmas Day will be upon us - I am still trying to get things organized so as to keep the panic to a minimum and ward off the stress that invariably follows suit. Time will tell. Except Harry found another recipe on the Net for Christmas Peppermint Patties.yesterday so off to the store for ingredients (cream cheese, peppermint extract etc.) and then I made them. Very, very fiddly but even I was amazed with my results even though they are very sweet and extremely flavoured ( perhaps too much extract even following the recipe exactly) I had some small paper cupcake holders which they fit into individually once hardened and are now layered in a container in the fridge. So now what do I do with them???  If only there was a darn bus heading to Winnipeg haha!
Well, off to read a bit. I am into the previously read Gamache novel How the Light Gets In because I was looking for a good read and this book is on my KoBo.  And because I have always wanted to read Elliot's Middle March, I have planned to start it early in 2020 and see if I can get through it with the understanding and knowledge it requires. I own the book actually. And today on the CBC radio show they had an hours discussion about MiddleMarch  and a companion novel written about an authors life lived through her reading of the book. I own that book also. I consider this to be an exciting challenge for myself.
Take care.  ps still on the old computer. Harry is trying to print off all his pictures so as not to lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment