Thursday, December 5, 2019

And now it's Thursday

As it was when I finally got to bed at 3:00 this morning, after a visit to the local Urgent Care Centre.  I had used an exfoliant on my face Monday evening during my shower and had been plagued by something in my eye all day Tuesday, and yesterday.  By evening I was ready to get help, so headed to Urgent Care, which is the same place a few blocks away as had previously been an Emergency dept forever.  I got there at 7:30 and waited until 12:30 when a person called my name and took me in, saying nothing except "in there" while pointing to a treatment room.  There I sat until 1:55, speaking to no-one and seeing no-one but cleaning staff, moving in the hall.  Then a doctor rushed in.  Examined me thoroughly, but quickly, and pronounced that there was nothing in the eye but a sty (sp).  He recommended warm compresses, and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes.  Only once he mentioned it did I remember that this had happened once before.  Felt a little like a fool, but I sure didn't tell him.

You had asked for pictures.  I had started with a 6 inch hexie as called for in the video.  Six inches means 6 inches along each side, in any pattern I've ever used, but the result was far too large.  So I moved down to a 4 inch hexie.  This was okay, but I still wanted to see if a smaller size was feasible, so went down to a 3 inch hexie.  This was fussy, but worked out well with a little help from my stiletto.  I only ironed the straight edges after the first step, and nothing beyond that.  I made six of them to take to the craft sale Saturday.  Here they are with my beaded silk pouches.  They are priced much lower than the pouches, and I'm a little concerned about that, but we'll see.



 So today, I will get everything ready to take to Gail's on Saturday, and tomorrow is laundry--a much bigger job than it used to be.  Then Saturday the sale, another busy and tiring day.  I just don't have the energy I used to.  Makes me feel very old these days, although I know I'm not really, when I consider how very well my "cohort" is aging.  I was born a little to early to be considered a "Baby Boomer', although you two made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment