Friday, December 13, 2019

Finally, a quiet day!

Last evening was my presentation to the quilters' Guild.  The last three weeks have been busy coordinating the slide show with the lady who was putting it in PowerPoint for me, as well as me rehearsing the actual words, while coordinating them with the slide show.  My friend Susan came to help hold up the actual quilts, while the slide showed a close-up of the embellishment.

Well, the lady showed up early with the slides on her computer and the equipment to put the image on the screen was already in place, but they couldn't find a connector to run from the computer to the other equipment.  I was told quietly that the equipment itself is so old and out of date, that there is now way the two things could have been connected, no matter how many connectors they could find.  They were in such a tizzy, that they weren't listening to anyone else, until Susan and I actually broke into their conversation suggesting that if the could find 3-4 ladies who could walk around the hall, the audience would be able to see the actual quilt up close.  That worked quilt well.  I even sold one of my pieces.  Lady came to me while I was packing up and offered cash money, and I took it.

Susan was there as my guest, as she had let her membership lapse.  At the end of the evening we just looked at each other and said "never again!"  I have no intention of ever going back for a full meeting.  I'm in a monthly challenge, and am thinking of simply dropping in before things start, and picking up my challenge design for the month.  The meeting itself was that awful.

Tomorrow, I'll be heading to Gail's again.  Her craft sale is on again, and my stuff was left there last week.  I plan to go in the early afternoon, rather than early morning.  I  moved the wrong way during last night's meeting, and barely slept last night because of a very painful right knee.  Today it didn't want to bare any weight, and I ended up putting on the dreaded knee brace that has been sitting on the floor of my closet for the past few months.  I was surprised at how much it helped, and am hoping for a better sleep tonight.  But I told Gail that there was no way I planned to be getting up to an alarm, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment