Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas will get you one way or another.

Here we are looking forward to a quiet Christmas, where we don't have to kill ourselves with a lot of fuss and work getting the house etc ready.  But David wants mincemeat tarts.  He's been trying to find a good one by buying them the last few years, without any luck.  Yesterday we bought two very nice looking ones at Natural Bakery on Logan, only to find out they were all pastry and not much filling.  So today, we're off to try to find the necessary supplies ( Cross and Blackwell Mincemeat with Brandy--not likely!) and we will be baking them ourselves.  I'm not even sure I have the right tins for baking them.  He won't like my tiny tart tins I bought for the Cheese and Lemon tarts.  Besides, those appear to have rusted after using them once and washing them.  

Anyway, after a shopping trip 3 days before Christmas, possibly trying to shop at Walmart-- the rest of the day will be spent baking.  Pray for me--OMG!! I will even have to visit the liquor store!!

No comments:

Post a Comment