Sunday, February 6, 2022

cookies just out of the oven...

 Shame on me...craving choc chip cookies and actually making a batch.

Seems the colds are making their rounds..I have had stuffy nose and dribbling nose lately but attributed it to being too dry in the house - so set up the humidifier yesterday and notice a better sleep last night for it. Maybe will work. I walked up to the Lottery Store and then Bank earlier this morning in a bitter wind even though I bundled up I was very cold. I left my face mask on to help with the cold breathing and had to wash it when I got home because of all the excess moisture. Gee I will be glad when this Winter starts to turn into Spring.

Keeping an eye on the big greenhouse as I set up the cords and two heaters this past week and Harry actually did some planting of seeds the other day. It dips down at night but as long as it does not turn terribly cold outside the two heaters should be enough. That is until Harry wants the small greenhouse to be heated in which case I will have to move that second cord and heater into there. I only have two plugs from the house that I can use with any reassurance that I will not blow a fuse. Worst case scenario is that I could set up a third but it would mean a lot of fuss on my part to rig it up which I would rather not do. Don't you just love it haha!

I am making some progress in clearing up in my "studio" room. Finding all sorts of forgotten treasures,  partially completed pieces, bags of saved potential works of art and that box of 2 1/2  cut pieces of fabric you gave me Pati. It always makes an appearance any time I clean up so I know it wants my attention. I have made so many quilts etc with that box of pieces, and it never seems to empty. Its magical!

I have been able to watch a few of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts from the connection that Jim gave me from Shaw to my computer which is a great treat. But my mainstay right now is still Time Team. The other evening I watched that one episode of them digging in a cave full of mus and sludge - Pati you warned me so I was prepared to see it through. last evening I watched one of them digging in a field where two American bombers crashed during WW2 on their last excursion over Europe - they haD SURVIVED ALL THEIR BOMBING AND WERE SET TO GO HOME AND CRASHED OVER britISH TERRITORY ALMOSt BEFORE LANDING. wHAT A SHAME BUT THE HIStory AND INFO THE tIME tEAM PROVIDED WAS FASCINATING TO WATCH. 

Sorry folks but i did not look but to see what I was frantically typing and will not correct it.  I always seem to touch that Caps Lock key in my enthusiasm. 

Best go and have a cookie - they should have cooled by now. Anyone want a cookie???  Take care ,,,be safe. Stay off the roads where you might encounter some trucks or maybe 100 trucks blocking your way.  😒

No comments:

Post a Comment