Saturday, February 26, 2022

Here is another post of "not much news"

It does not matter that there is no news but just the day to day happenings of life. And to listen to the radio anymore, so much around us is collapsing into mounds of disbelief and horror. So I just keep to myself and my home and my family and my animals and hope things close to me will be OK.

The changeable weather patterns are driving me crazy with cold spells one day and then freezing rain the next. The other day after our freezing rain storm, it took me close to 2-3 hours to clean off the vehicle of solid ice - the doors and door handles were frozen shut so i could not even get into the drivers seat to start the engine (that took 30 min to accomplish) Our shopping has been close to home lately with picking up particular needed items at the local Foodland, and Pharmacy. But Monday I have my mammo appt in Huntsville ( at 7:40 am at the Hospital) so plan to go into WalMart and a Pet Store and get gas etc while there. I ordered some baby budgie formula from Global Pets that I hope has arrived for my Monday quest - there are three eggs just about to hatch and I needed some new formula on hand in case I need to step in as I have frequently in the past to feed the babies if the parents are not doing what they should. Not to my liking at all, but feel compelled to pick up and take over.

And surprise I have rescued my sewing machine from under stuff and set it up and have completed the repairs on an old tattered quilt that Mike had for years and my offer to try to fix it up. It needed a new backing, and some sewing of holes on the front, and then a binding around it all. I think it turned out quite nice inspite of its age and well used appearance when I hauled it home many months ago.

But this little bit of sewing has really stirred my desires to continue and try more of the projects I have had hanging around in my mind. Time will tell. In meantime i look after the greenhouse that is suffering with the cold nights even with two heaters running full day and night. The ice storm created a challenge for me to even clean the entrance of chunks of ice and clear the ground to get the door open to get in. 

And i still bake cookies...terrible habit I have started. Yesterday I made more choc chip ( Edna's Cookies) and a batch of Peanut Butter cookies because i bought a jar of Planter Peanut Butter on sale and it is not nice tasting (compared to my usual Kraft) so wanted to use some up. I'll eat the cookies but they too, were not to tasty.

Well, time to get on with the day - more wash to do and I really should vacuum but need to convince myself to do that haha!

Take care and think Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment