Thursday, March 10, 2022

It took courage

 Today I went to lunch with my best friend in the entire world….until Don left.  We haven’t spoken in over 30 years. She asked me not to contact her again cause she didn’t want to have to choose (duh!). Her husband died recently, and she came to meat draw with some friends. She thanked me for the card I sent when her husband died.  As Jim and I left I said if she ever wanted to get together for coffee give me a call. That was it for over a month. Last week at meat draw she asked if I would like to get together for coffee or lunch or come to her house. We settled on lunch today.  My stomach was in knots. She is still suffering from the loss of her husband and she spoke about the loneliness and all the things she had to do that she had never done before. You would have been proud of me. I let her talk and just listened. Then we talked about grandchildren. Cel phone pictures go a long way in catching up with friends. Her oldest granddaughter is a total clone of her daughter!  We avoided anything from the past and just talked.  We are going to do it again. Next time I pay cause this time Diane paid😊

No comments:

Post a Comment