Saturday, March 12, 2022

To see the sun...

 To look out the window by the computer and see the sun shining would make you think it is a lovely day. But I just had the dogs out and although there is sun, requiring the wearing of sunglasses, there was also some bitter wind.

I cleared a bit of snow away from a metal shelf outside ( usually used during the Spring and summer to hold pots and plants etc) and made a path this morning so that Harry could clear out some of the stored stuff in the big greenhouse and so that he could transplant the seedlings growing wildly already. He can put the stuff into boxes and pile them on the shelf unit to store until we can organize it. The gazebo that covers the table on the patio next to the greenhouse has all but collapsed over Winter, The legs and brackets have all buckled and it is leaning at a terrible angle which causes me to fear it falling down completely. I had attempted to remove the snow and ice from the canopy several times over Winter but to no avail. Just too much ice and too heavy. So, we cannot store stuff on that table as we have in past years. 

I started another picture puzzle yesterday while I was idling my time in the afternoon watching some curling on the computer. This one will be a toughy I think as I have already had some trouble even finding the outside pieces. Although to be fair my attention was mostly on the curling and watching the cats who thought they would like to help me move the pieces around haha! 

Not sure if I mentioned that two weeks ago we lost one of the rabbits who died which leaves us only one. Also I bought some new baby bird formula to have on hand as there are three eggs being hatched but again, the time has elapsed and I think that these eggs will not hatch in spite of the poor mother sitting on them day and night. But that is OK with me actually not to wish ill on the mother and father anxiously waiting. 

I have received more communications from my Nursing Alumni group from Class of '69 at the request of our Coordinator to update the mailing list and so now I get email after email with classmates sending their addresses and a few words about their life. We did this at Christmas as well and after a bit I was getting frustrated with all the "good cheer" being passed around. I am not one of those off vacationing in Florida or at the condo in Arizona for the Winter so not really interested in much I am reading. I guess that is "sour grapes" on my part and I should be ashamed of myself??? But it is what it is haha!

Well off to check my laundry and then find something to eat. Hope all is well with you folks...it will soon be Spring and tonight we change the clocks ahead one hour Yeah!!  Tale care...and cheers 👌

No comments:

Post a Comment