Monday, March 28, 2022

Quiet weekend--to a certain extent

 Sat down to write this and realized that I can't even remember Friday--did it happen?  Checked back on the blog.  Yes, it happened and I wrote about it.

Saturday--quiet and spent at home.  The doctor had suggested that David look at iron supplements and also what he's eating, as we tend to eat very little red meat--far more chicken and pork.  We had a "marinating" steak in the fridge and decided to try this for supper.  This meant that I had to figure out what sort of "marinade" might be made with stuff on hand.  Looked a bit at potential marinade recipes, and decided to just "wing it". Put something together that turned out edible but not exceptional, so no point in saving the recipe--not that I could remember it anyway.

Otherwise spent most of the day sorting and purging downstairs while the laundry got done.  By supper time, I was thoroughly exhausted and we still had beds to make and clean laundry to put away, as well as showers for both of us.  But a reward!  My tv shows were both on, and what's more, both of them were "new-to-me" shows.  A wonderful surprise.

During my purging, a UFO had caught my eye and imagination, but I quickly found out that I didn't have the supplies to work on it--neither thread nor beads. Gail and I had planned to go for coffee, and she let me know that there was a bead sale on at Michael's.  Yep, off to Michael's, spent money on beads.  Like I needed more beads!  Plus a quick stop at Walmart for an iron supplement.

So, a quiet weekend, and now a Monday with no plans except puttering around the house and basement.  With PBS Pledge break over, we should get two episodes of Antiques Roadshow tonight, and then, showers again.  I think I'll enjoy a quiet day, given the monthly grocery shopping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment