Sunday, January 15, 2023

New Start

 Any time is a really good time to take a look at your life and make changes.  I have just sent off a formal resignation letter to the gallery Board in Selkirk.  It feels wonderful.  I don't want to go into details, but to just say I attributed it to failing health.  And there is more coming up.  David has a review appointment with the Gerontologist on Wednesday, and we both see our doctor on the 26th. In the meantime, I am thankful everyday for the Diclofanac ointment we have for joint pain--really, really grateful.

My "play day" went well.  Evidently the curry soup didn't go so well, so we had baked farmers' sausage and au gratin scalloped potatoes from a mix, with a very nice and plentiful salad.  Gail and Laurie-from-Lorette were trying to figure out how to make a bracelet they had seen.  Gail had tried to explain what it was they were trying to make prior to the meeting, and I just couldn't figure it out until I saw it.  Their attempts didn't work out well, and I spent most of the day just watching and talking, but by the end of afternoon my Boho beads had been turned into key rings. By magic, I guess, as I didn't do it.

Wednesday afternoon we took David to the optometrist, and I trailed along to drive him home.  A pleasant surprise--the coffee shop across the hall from the optometrist was open, and opening into the hall.  It has been closed since before Covid.  To facilitate social distancing, the Optometrist's office has opened their waiting room into the hall, as well.  So I sat at a table, drank coffee and read my book, while David went back and forth into the office while they did a series of mystical things to him.  They quickly learned that if they wanted him, they had to come and get him.  Having missed lunch, after, we went to Smitty's for an early supper.  Oh, What a supper it was!

Friday, we had to change our laundry routine, so as to conserve energy, as we had coffee scheduled, with the children, at Starbucks, in the evening.  Or so we thought.  Turned out it is scheduled for next Friday.  But we enjoyed our coffee.

Given the life we lead, the library is our lifeline.  So glad that you're back to it, Beth.  And cleaning your studio!  May I suggest that you don't send any of it here, even if you could send it on the bus?  I'm still at it, almost a year later.  Still making charity quilts, although I have been working on two art-y pieces.  One is now just a "doodle" cloth for trying things out.  The other I have hopes for, but need to think a bit more before doing any more actual work on it.  Truth be told, I'd  rather work on charity quilts.

My two finished quilt tops are now at the longarmer in Lockport.  Took them in Thursday morning, and they are promised back in "about a week and a half".  Wonderful, and unexpected.

So, our social life is diminishing, but we are still getting out and about.  The group in Lorette, and the "Fibre Art Divas, will be more important for me in the future, for socialization.  I just have to give both groups a bit of priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment