Sunday, January 29, 2023

The most exciting thing this week

 just happens to be a new plunger.  Yep, A recalcitrant toilet and two very old plungers, neither of which was working. So off to the store.  David dropped me off to start the grocery shopping and headed to Lowe's, where he found not one, but two new plungers.  One was the old style that we're all familiar with, while the other was a very sleek machine with a pump action rather than a plunge action. The biggest event since Monday.

The weekly meal planning appears to be working.  We're both eating better, but I'm taking cues from my time with Dr. Phil, when planning menus, so my weight has remained stable.  We appear to be spending a bit more on fresh food, but I'm waiting until the end of month when I total up my expenses, to find out for sure.  And I'm wondering if it really matters.  Most of our meat is coming out of the freezer, which is getting bare--not a bad thing.  Some of the meat has been there far to long.

For the past couple of days, I've been wearing the jeans I bought last week. They were a bit too small, but for $5 I figured I would wear them even if I had to tie the waist together with a rope.  But I got them on, and done up properly, and have been quite comfortable wearing them.  Bonus!

Best get busy. It's after noon and I'm still in my nightie.  Work to be done.  Stay safe, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment