Thursday, January 12, 2023

New year…new challenges

 For some reason my access to the blog has changed since the new year. I think I have figured out how to work it but “golly gosh darn gee whiz!” Why does it have to change😤. My cold might be gone, but it is hard to tell since my nose is running and I have (yech) phlegm in my throat, but I am currently on antibiotics for a (maybe) sinus infection. Life!!!  I’ve been to town every day this week, but for only one thing at a time. I might stay home tomorrow and get a shopping list ready for Saturday. I don’t need much since my freezer is full of food, but what goes in must come out and I need to stock up on some “paper products😜). I also need some oatmeal. The bag I have is stale dated (and fairly new) and rancid☹️.  I made Calzones a couple of weeks ago and I am going to make them again. I will alter the fillings, but they make a really quick lunch. Next one will be meatball, cheese , mushroom and tomato. Experiments make life exciting.   I took a cake to the legion this morning for a funeral and they must be expecting a lot of people. All the tables were set up and there were at least 10 women in the kitchen making sandwiches and setting up dessert trays. She was 90 years old. Jim knew her, but I only knew her husband to see him. Chicken casserole for supper tonight, and probably tomorrow and Saturday!  I had made some chicken pot pies (for a biscuit topping) but we both found it dry and tasteless. So I pulled three pie plates from the freezer and put them in a casserole with a can of mushroom soup. It made waaay more than I anticipated.  I made some French bread a couple of weeks ago so we will have some of that with the casserole. Good thing we have a big dog in case we hate it😜. The snowmobile trail groomer went through the field next to us so Lucky and I have been able to continue our walks through the field ( except when sled riders come by and we have to step off the trail). Chloe now has a pet snake. “Sunny” is a corn snake and will grow to about 4 feet. They have a terrarium for her and everything!  So, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 horses, 3 goats, 2 ponies and a donkey. And Kris says he’s not a farmer. Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment