Saturday, February 18, 2023

Still facing crazy weather

 Another week over and the weather continues to create some crazy times here. One day pouring rain all day and night and next day about a foot of snow to greet us in the morning. And the next two weeks show some very low night temperatures. And this brings more concerns about heating the greenhouse. So far we have only the one heated with two heaters, but transplanting seedlings and more space needed, Harry would like the big greenhouse heated now. This may not be possible if the expected low temps so in a bit of limbo here right now. Cannot put more than two heaters out as I only have access to two plugs from the inside to accommodate them.  We'll figure it out.

We just ordered an Air Fryer. After much thought and a demonstration of Mike's new Air Fryer ....this seemed to decide for us. It should come on Sunday through Amazon, and now as i look around the kitchen I realize that i must reorganize it to place the fryer in a good spot with enough room to sit and stay. It will not be moved up and down like I do with other equipment such as the slow cooker etc. but then if the Fryer will cook almost anything, I may not need other devices??  Now to seek out recipes to try. Wish me luck.

Hoping that your new communication system at your place Pati is starting to function for you. Nothing worse than issues. I wonder if the mobile Geek Squad could help? I know that will cost , but maybe to have it resolved, might be worth it?

On to the day...I need to shovel outside. I did not get the whole drive done - only enough to get the car out, but the Village plough went by many times, but then late in the afternoon, the neighbour with the plough on his truck pushed the pile back and cleaned that up nicely. I need only to do the rest and then the paths round the yard. It is soft snow though and that makes a big difference.

I got a new book from the Library again. This time it is another William Kent Kreuger novel with "Cork O'Conner" as the private detective solving the problems of the world....called Fox Creek.

Take care of yourselves and be good. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment