Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Eeek! An ambulance bill!

 There are a lot of very scary things around, and one of them is an ambulance bill that wasn't expected.  But it turned out to be a good things.  We were forced to spend time talking to Blue Cross about whether we had any coverage, and it turns out that we have 100% coverage for as many ambulance rides as we want, as long as we keep paying our premiums. This is a separate program from any other medical related items.  We also found out that there is also a separate program for most mobility items such as wheelchairs and walkers, that would also be 100%, considering that we both have coverage, and both plans can be used in conjunction. After getting that information, we had to talk to the finance branch of Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service, and got all of our coverage information updated  No more bills, but I think we'll keep paying our Blue Cross premiums as long as physically possible.

Monday I saw a massage therapist for my whiplash.  When I left I kept checking my neck area to may sure I had my jacket done up and was wearing my scarf--the area felt so "light weight'.  Of course it was because she had worked all of the tension out of the area.  It came back fairly quickly, but now I want to make a few more appointments with her.  We have some limited coverage for this as well, but up to a yearly limit of $450.  When I got home we talked about maybe having to pay her full fee at some point, and felt that might be possible.

The other effects of the fall linger, especially in my tailbone, although she massaged that out a fair bit as well.  But today is not one of my better days, with general back and hip pain, so I gave the meeting in Lorette a miss, and spent the time in my studio, completely forgetting the beets I had put on for supper.  Thankfully, David rescued those.  Now he's making fried rice to go with Cathy's BBQ pork recipe.  There should be enough pork left over for Saturday's supper.

We received a very nice "thank you" note from the Gallery in Selkirk, along with a grocery store gift card.  I need to send a "thank you" for that, and hope to get to it in the next day or so.  Anything that helps buy groceries is welcome.  I added up last month's food costs, and it was the second highest ever, just behind September when we bought all the meat for the freezer.  I've started putting more emphasis on fresh fruit and vegetables, and that can impact the final grocery bill, too.  However, I have to say that we're eating well. lol

On that note, it's time to say good bye.  Supper's ready.  Stay Safe ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment