Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beth is coming! Beth is coming!

Gotta clean house! Gotta clean house! well----maybe not. Just gotta keep her out of the pantry! No energy! Not for anything. Even sewing is becoming a chore. So I just do what my body tells me. Yesterday it told me to sleep, so even with a nap earlier in the day, I was in bed by about 6:00. You'll be glad to know, Beth, that while I've bought lots of food, you'll be able to do all of the scratch meal prep that you want, while you're here---'cause I'm sure not getting anything done! Dianne stopped in for a minute yesterday to drop off my Mastercard bill--which I left at her house, for some reason, when I was there on Monday--along with two rubber stamps, an ink pad and two yo-yo makers--go figure!

David was very busy getting ready for our sale next weekend. He washed all of the backdrop and table covering fabric. This year I have a lot of darker pieces that really don't show well against the black back drop, so we bought some white fabric and I'll have to make a new backdrop. Playing it smart, I bought white fabric that I know I'll be able to dye later. This is the first of the summer sales, so a lot of energy goes into it. I'm so glad I got the stock ready a couple of months ago, before I got bogged down with tooth aches and generally feeling "crappy". But I see the doctor on Tuesday. Now--I know he has no magic wand and won't be able to say " You have feelincrappy-itis and you can cure it by taking this one little green pill", but it will be nice to perhaps get the ball rolling with allergy testing or something!

David has decided that it just doesn't make sense to drive out to Portage to pick a couple of baskets of strawberries. He's done it every July for years, but I haven't been able to help pick for at least three years. Sort of sad to see these small habits and rituals hit the dust, but maybe it's just another sign of our aging. More and more, when I read about very old people, they are the ones who keep extremely active well into thier 90's. Well-- the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! I have interests, and I remain curious. I believe that curiosity has been the driving force in my life. It's healthy to be always asking questions. The system falls down when we lack the physical stamina to take advantage of the answers we receive.

Now I've just re-read this looking for typo's. What a depressing blog! One day at a time!! This will pass! And in the meantime, I can look forward to seeing Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment