Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sisters aren't guests

they are family and you don't have to clean up for your family. Besides, even if you do, they are just going to mess it up again, so why not save everyone the effort and just leave it messy? At least that is my theory. Unfortunately, things like dishes and laundry do have to be done. Unless you are very rich and just buy everything new once it gets dirty! Tim, Mady and Mady's friend arrived last night. Everyone is off to Minnedosa to watch the parade. I stayed home to do laundry and dishes (go figure) Actually, I would have gone, but the guys are meeting Stef and going to the Legion after the parade, and the girls are supposed (I say that with tongue and cheek) to be helping Kristy with some kids booths they have set up for the fair. I knew that I would want to come back long before the others, and this way I get some work done. I have to go in and start the office soon. With the golf tournament tomorrow we won't have time to do it. Elizabeth has arranged with Human Resources to have an "Early" office intervention meeting. Early being the week of September 13. No, things have not been going well. It didn't help that I broke down and cried and cried on Jim's shoulder on Wednesday night. In his well intentioned MALE manner he phoned the office manager. I have no idea what he said. He told me that he said for them to contact Human Resources or he would. There must have been more, because the office manager phoned a co-worker (one I had been really upset about) and I have no idea what was said, but she was furious with me on Thursday morning. (And me not having any idea Jim had called) OF course, she was furious with me on Wednesday morning too. I sometimes wish I could at least have time to do something to them instead of them snarling at me as soon as they walk in the door. (And you thought your blog was depressing, Pati) I am sure glad that Beth is coming to take care of us. But who is going to take care of Beth. I think I will declare a Beth day while she is here and she can sit around and read books and eat candy all day. How does that sound, Beth? The dishwasher is almost finished, as well as the dryer. I guess I timed things well! If I delay long enough Jim will be back from Minnedosa and he will have to do the office. How's that for a plan. I am counting the sleeps until you're here Beth. Lotsa hugs and kisses to both of you. (Keri & I call them Zen Hugs)

No comments:

Post a Comment