Thursday, July 1, 2010

Building things

I've learned to stay out of the way as much as I can whenever such activities are going on, but here is always that moment when you hear" Can you come and help for a minute?" So I do as I'm told and try to keep my mouth shut--doesn't always work though. I hope you had a good soak to get all the aches out.

The last few days have been rough. For some reason I've been having a terrible time breathing. Tuesday night the boys across the back had a fire pit going, and I was a basket case. Used all of the OTC stuff I had around but by Wednesday noon I had David take me into emergency. I spent the afternoon and evening sitting reading without any physical activity or stress, in a cool air conditioned space and realized that I hadn't felt better in a couple of weeks. Of course, they didn't find any problems after chest x-rays, blood tests and EKG. So the doctor finally suggested that I was reacting to an environmental stimulus. So the next step is to see if I can arrange allergy testing and maybe pulmonary function studies. My biggest fear is that I'm somehow reacting to the house.- ( mould??). I also know that we bought a new comforter last week and some fabrics, especially man-made fabrics--give off fumes for awhile. Funny thought but the timing is right.

Had thought today was going to be sunny and very warm, but instead--right now--we have cloudy and wind, wind, wind. No cycling since Monday. Darn it! I plan my meals around the weather during summer and we had planned cold meat and potato salad. David has requested the potato salad--I'm not fond of it--so we'll probably go with it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment