Thursday, August 12, 2021

Contentment

 You are right Beth.  I am content. I have food and shelter and love…. (Extra love cause I have a dog and cat). What more do I need?  Maybe a few less cucumbers?  And to think I was worried we wouldn’t get any. The neighbour took about 20 yesterday and I am still overloaded. I made a cucumber salad tonight. I had to adapt it (1 cucumber instead of 4). It wasn’t quite right but I could see that it really had potential if I could adapt it for 2 people instead of a family. I also made a freezer cucumber salad that was recommended. I will thaw it and try it next week. If it is good I will make more. The owner of the rest of the quarter we live on had a surveyor out last week. He says they just want to stop the owner of the next quarter from using their land. I was surprised that our acreage is actually about 30 feet onto the field he uses. At least now we know exactly where are acreage is. The north east corner was a lot further west than we thought, but the north west corner was way into the next field. The surveyors said they based the markers on where our road should be, not where it is.  So things are kind of skewed!  I hurt my head a couple of weeks ago but the doctor says there is no sign of brain damage but that my head is still quite red and abraded.  Sort of explains why it still hurts (externally, not internally)  I had a Physio appointment right after I hurt it and she took pity on my pain and worked on my neck that day. It really helped.  The doctor said to keep doing the neck exercises and get her to work on my neck next appointment  (this growing old sucks!)  Tomorrow is Friday so we will be going to Barb’s for our Friday, Legion round table get together. We have been doing it for a while.  Those of us that sit at the “round table” at the Legion have been going to Barb’s on Friday afternoon for a visit.  I think I will miss it when the legion finally opens again (maybe Sept. 7th)  Barb is anti-vax but the rest of us are fully vaccinated and we have all agreed to agree to disagree.  This pandemic has strained families and friends.  Not good.  Manitoba has relaxed regulations but in Neepawa most people  and staff are still wearing masks.  The only customers I saw without masks was in co-op and it was two couples.  Every store we have been in the staff have been masked.  We haven’t been to Home Hardware but we have been told no one on staff is wearing masks  not surprising since the owner has been quite vocally anti-mask.  From what we hear most customers are wearing masks.  So now I will take my much deserved nap  oh wait! It is 7:30!  Does that make it bed instead of a nap?


No comments:

Post a Comment