Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Mid week...mid August

 Where has our summer gone I ask? I have just realized that it is starting to come to an end and thinking of all the Fall work ahead does not please me. I have been trying to organize the planting pots from this Spring and only now getting a handle on that but then see all the pots around the yard full of plants and clearly what has to happen to all of them before Winter. Perhaps i am getting a little ahead of myself in time, but there it is...the reality of what has to be done. But in the meantime I have tomatoes and cucumbers and zucchini to deal with. that kind neighbour dropped a bag full of huge cucumbers and zucchini on my doorstep the other day. I can try to eat the zucchini by cutting and frying as I like that for a meal, but will have to preserve the cukes somehow. Our own cukes are manageable by just picking and eating as is - we really do not need any pickles in jars but that may still come to be. it is hot here right now with high day temps feeling higher with humidex. Not like you folks have had though so i should not complain. Harry continues to breed his Monarch caterpillars and they are cocooning and I wonder how soon the actual Monarch butterflies shall emerge and want to fly away south. The natural life process is fascinating but the reality of containers full is not pleasing for me. 

So on with another day. Hoping you are all well, and now preparing for an Election shortly. I already see signs going up on the roads and corners and the news broadcasts now have something to talk about other than Covid. take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment