Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Still hot around here...

 But then you folks have been through it all before me. It is the poor dogs that i worry about..they want to go out which has been our habit, but I take them just a bit along the road and back into the yard and they look at me as if to say " what is this all about". Although yesterday just before supper i took them to the little park in the next street where we have gone so frequently before. Sure enough the Village has started the renovations to turn it from the quaint little wild park to a Family playground which is to have skate board run, and swings and whatever. it had gone to vote at Council just before the Covid and then nothing happened until now. The bulldozer was in there plowing up all the wild raspberry bushes and a dump truck hauling it away. So sad for me and the dogs....goodbye little peaceful walking place. And I fear it may never be used to full advantage once it is finished. 

Yesterday we went to Huntsville early to shop - went to Freshco for groceries and then over for gas and for Harry to go to Dollarama. i still do not go into that store. But on the spur of the moment i decided to go into the Starbucks right beside the gas pumps. it has been months since I went so I treated my self to a Chai Tea latte - my favourite. I handed her my card and asked if there were enough dollars on it and sure enough it paid for my Tea with $1.13 left haha! Boy, did i ever enjoy that Tea while waiting for Harry. I checked my account when i got home and it had been in March that I last bought anything. 

The day before I went over to Daisy's having been invited to have cake and tea to celebrate her son's Birthday. Harry chose not to go. We had cheesecake and tea and a lovely visit - her next door neighbour was also there along with her son, and daughter in law and granddaughter. Daisy was not to communicative but sat through it all in good spirits. She has good days and bad days.

Today i go to the Dentist for my appt for cleaning. I will be glad to have that done. Otherwise it is outside work, inside work and trying to clean up on veg - we found a huge cucumber hidden in the patch - missed by us both along the way but maybe I can use it up somehow. I have lots of tomatoes to use and always more kale. keeps me busy. Harry's Monarchs are hatching and we have released about 8 so far. Interesting process. Take care folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment