Thursday, August 19, 2021

Life at the "new Normal"

 Things are returning to normal here, but most people, other than young adults, are wearing masks.  Friends have expressed horror at how many people aren't, but I haven't seen it.  Yesterday I went to the dentist. We knew that Corydon was a mess of construction ( for the second year), so left a little early, but leaving the house, David said something about the route we had to take, and my brain got screwed around.  I had a vision of needing to get to Maryland St heading south, when I should have been thinking of heading through Confusion Corner to Corydon Ave, heading west.  It all worked out in the end, but we ended up touring through River Heights. Still got there too early, but they let me into the waiting room ( one occupant at a time and that one masked--firm rule). Then David headed out to buy me tea, and hopefully, enough time to visit Cabella's.  Turned out that construction on Route 90 caused some confusion.  I don't know where he ended up, but it wasn't Cabella's, but he was waiting when I left the Dentist.

The we headed towards home and Starbucks,(my reward for visiting the dentist), but we ran into a train, at Mission and Panet.  It was already passing and there was a line-up, but just as we got there a second train started going by in the same direction, on a parallel track.  It was almost 20 minutes before it was clear, but I have no idea how long the people in line ahead of us had had to wait.

Before the dentist there was a Zoom meeting with my on-line sketching group.  During Covid this group has been a source of community to me, and I value the time I spend with them.  Recently I've come to realize that there are other mixed media artists in the group, and I don't have to be shy about posting work that doesn't involve sketching. Yesterday's meeting was almost raucous, moving from a Jets ball cap found in Stillwater Minnesota to a special piece finally being completed and displayed in California. So I spoke about my art, being quite candid about it, and my comments were well received.

Speaking of comments, I have realized that we have people viewing older posts, and leaving comments that we have missed.  I'm going to pay special attention to comments, and bring them to your attention.  We have viewers from all over the world, and the comments are all good.

I think I told you that David bought a hat on-line that is being sent from Sweden.  It has now arrived in Canada Customs, and we're getting Canada Post tracking info.  No idea when we might actually get the hat, but it is in Canada.  The other thing I bought on-line, was two very pretty note books to use with my BuJo. I was very excited when they finally arrived, but when I started to set one up for BuJo use, realized that the paper was so flimsy that the ink bleeds through to the other side. Very disappointing. But the price was right and they are pretty, so I'll use them as much as possible and not worry if they aren't fully used up when I discard them.

Today I'm going to treat myself to studio time before housework.  We are in a challenge from Starbucks, and have to buy something, after 2:00, so grocery shopping and a trip to the shoemaker will wait for this afternoon.  Then it will be time to worry about supper, so best make good use of the time I have this morning. 

Be safe, ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment