Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Rainy Day

Yesterday we saw something that I don't remember seeing in years--a rainy day--and more is promised for tonight.  I got to try out my new umbrella--the one I bought two years ago and finally got to use. No-one anywhere, in the city, was complaining about the rain.  I even had to sit inside at Starbucks.  David has taken to delivering me there as he sets out on his errands, and then picking me up.  It means less time sitting there, but I get my coffee and get an outing.

Yesterday, my husband decided to take me out for supper, and wanted to go somewhere new, and a bit up-scale from our usual burger joint.  There had been an article about restaurants out in Dugald and Oakbank, in the small community newspaper, and he had decided to try them.  We looked them up on line and picked one, made plans and decided to check for directions, only to discover that it was closed on Mondays.  So we ended up at The Olive Garden.  They were limiting the number of customers by keeping the door locked and only letting people in in accordance to capacity limits.  Everyone was wearing masks, even most of the customers.  They were offering tastings of free wine, and I tried one, and then ordered a glass.  It was a  Prosecco, and I've often read about that type, especially in books about women's relationships.  I won't buy it again, but am glad I tried it out.  We spent time looking over the menu and ended up both ordering their regular Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks.  It was enough for both of us, and there was no mention of dessert, even though one of their specialty desserts is something I dream about.

Today was more "same old, same old".  Reading, puttering in the studio, and coffee.  At the meeting in Selkirk on Sunday, I was persuaded to enter the All Members' Show in September.  That meant I have to produce something in a hurry, but the task is well in hand.  I also signed up for a "Creativity Challenge" on line.  There is to be a one hour session with a leader every  day over a week, for an hour, and home work.  I participated in the first one today, and plan to continue--if I can get the homework done.  So that is something to look forward to.  The leaders are all trained in a process called "Cosmic Smashbook", a term I had never heard before, but many of the students (from all over the world) had, so I plan to do a little research into that, before tomorrow's lesson. Oh My!  I'm certainly ambitious today.

But now I hear that the bar's open.  Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment