Sunday, June 19, 2022

Baby, it's hot outside---

 I don't know whether to be happy that it's finally normal summer weather, or to complain because it's so hot.  So I will say no more.

Thursday was a bit of hurry up and wait.  The lady from the Geriatric Assessment team was out, in the afternoon, and worked with David for almost 3 hours.  It was quite an in-depth assessment, and he was exhausted when she finished.  She is taking her findings to a meeting with a Gerontologist next Friday, and will likely send a final report to our family doctor.  Tomorrow, the lady from Home Care Intake will be coming out to assess our needs.  I'm not sure what that might involve, but I guess we'll find out.

Gail had her first major sale of the year, Saturday, in Regina.  After the day of selling, she drove home through the night, slept for a few hours, and and then called me to arrange a meeting this afternoon at Starbucks.  Just as we were winding down, her friend Laurie, who had gone with her to Regina, showed up.  Then it was another hour of friendship, joking, and generally decompressing for both of them.  Gail was quite pleased with her sales, but when she told me how much she took in, I'm not sure she actually made that much profit.  But that's not any of my concern.  After we left Starbucks, she came over to the house to help David install a new hanging post for his flower baskets.  She has had several of them to sell over the past few years, and this is the second one he's bought from her.  So David has now hung  all of the baskets he bought and is, more or less, happy with his garden.

Tomorrow morning, David is taking the car into the dealership for a formal estimate on the damage I did hitting the neighbour's fence post while backing out of the garage.  I see a little scratch but evidently I did over $2000 worth of damage.  And it means a couple of demerits on my drivers' license, as well as paying our deductible.

So to relax this evening, and enjoy the a/c that is finally in use.  I will also have my fan to use tonight, if I need it to sleep.

Stay cool ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment