Monday, June 13, 2022

Guess what we did!

 We did a bit of grocery shopping.  I had a list, but like to check things out a bit, and am really not adverse to picking up a bargain if I see it.  So checking out the meat counter (I had seen the shrimp David likes from across the aisle) I stumbled upon a buy one get one sale on boneless chicken breasts and I BOUGHT MORE CHICKEN!  There were 20 breasts all together, and 16 of them still had the filet, so 12 two serving size meals for us.

The outing was supposed to be only the grocery store and library, but David decided that he need a new pair of pants, so he dropped me off at Starbucks and headed to Mark's  where he's been buy black jeans for several years.  But they didn't have any that suited him, so after a quick bite at Starbucks, we dropped the groceries off at home, and headed for Walmart, where there were pills to pick up, but also to look at cheap pants there. We finally found some in the right size, but he wanted to make sure they would fit, so headed for the fitting room--singular.  It was a  very long wait, and by the time he was finished, I had found two tops for myself.  Then he got the pills and I took went to check out.  Again along wait.  Then it was decided that we would check in Superstore for laundry detergent.  Once there, I also went to check on margarine, but he said he would just wait by the cashier for me(I had a scooter).  I don't think that I mentioned we were carrying around a very heavy hanging plant basket that we had picked up outside.  Finally out of there and home.  By the time we got everything in the house and put away, we were both ready for a nap.  I think I fell on the bed and didn't move for about 40 minutes.

We can't continue doing this to ourselves.  David is a little perkier this evening, but I'm not.  We've talked in the past about setting a two store limit on any trips.  We desperately need to get back to that.

But my Quilting Arts Magazine arrived today, (along with the Shaw bill), and that's a Good Thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment