Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Can't comment about peonies!

 Ours are just starting to think about opening up, but, if you want pictures, I could get some lovely ones from the neighbour.  The rose bush next door, (the roots are on the other side of the fence but most of blooms are on our side), is in full bloom.  Yesterday David brought me a couple of flowers to put in a glass, and they now sit on our counter.  We missed the Lily-of-the-Valley blooms, but they live under our Mock Orange, and aren't really accessible to people who can't bend down far enough.

Our car was "keyed", badly, last Friday.  Today I made a claim under MPI, and was told that I needed a Police report re: vandalism.  So a good part of the morning was spent dealing with all of that. Finally we were told that the damage would have to be appraised  by an MPI appraisers. We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, so no trip out to Lorette this week. David made a quick trip to the body shop this afternoon, to see if this second claim could be dealt with at the same time as the first one, for which we are waiting for parts.  So, once we have an damage appraisal in hand, we go directly to them, and they will make sure there is no problem.  Wh-e-e-e-w!

When I renewed my drivers license last week, I gifted David 50% ownership in the car, but he thinks that doesn't come into effect until the new license year comes into effect on July 14th.  I thought it came into effect as soon as we signed the form, and it was registered with MPI. This means that David could deal with everything, but he wants me along just in case the date is critical to the process.  Car ownership can become an issue if the registered owner dies.  Survivors may be required to simply store the car, until there is clear evidence of who inherits.  But with co-ownership, the surviving owner assumes all ownership privileges, until inheritance is determined,

But today was also pension day, when we pay our bills in person, and do our monthly shopping.  After the demands of the morning, I was relatively useless, but David took me along.  Once home, about 3:00, I went to bed and slept soundly for an hour and a half.  We will both enjoy (?) a do-it-yourself-with-whatever-you-can-find supper.  I'm currently enjoying a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime complete with video.  So the evening will likely be spent watching Midsomer Murders, (with the necessary glasses of wine).  I can manage two episodes per evening, and I'm currently up to Season#4.

So be safe ladies.  Think of me, and enjoy at glass of wine on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment