Thursday, June 23, 2022

Flowers

 I have had this peony for years and it would have 1 or 2 blooms a year if I was lucky. This year

Brent told me it was planted too deep so I dug a pit over the crown and voila! It’s amazing what you can learn in a bar (or the round table at the legion). Lucky’s training classes are going okay. I am learning a lot of things that I can continue with him. Right now we are puppy sitting for Kellie so he is a bit distracted. He has reached the point that he wants to play with them , but they are about the size of our cat so I worry about what might happen. We bought a small 8 foot pool and found a relatively flat spot in the yard so I am looking forward to just lying in it. Of course the temperature is going to plummet now ☹️  The garden is growing. I have to weed by hand right now so I am only doing along the rows. The paths between them is all weeds. We bought what we thought would be a good enough tiller from Home Hardware but it was a piece of crap. A nice strong man got it started with only a couple of pulls but I told him he had to come to my house and start it every time I wanted it. It was also underpowered and didn’t work the one time we got it started. Today they said they would give us a refund by way of a gift card and they were going to clean it and put it for sale at a premium since it is already assembled. ( yeah, okay). That works for me cause we always need something from the hardware store and I no longer have to deal with my $250 lawn ornament. We are going to ask a local guy if he can tune up our old tiller and get it working properly again. I really like that tiller cause it is easy enough for me to handle but powerful enough to do the job.  I had a really good phone call from Kris the other day. We talked longer than we have in the last few years combined!!!  Rrain is coming over Sunday. We were going to spend all day together but now she has a board meeting in Portage from 10 to 2 so I told her to just come over for supper and raid my freezeršŸ˜œ. It is the first in person board meeting in two years so, of course, she has to go.   And now I am going to pour myself a glass of wine (it is 9:18pm) and watch the thunder clouds roll in. Love you guys♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment