Friday, June 17, 2022

Raining again

 Just had the dogs out for their "night" walk - last walk before bed that is. And it was raining again. The skies were very dark all afternoon and yet the weather channel said no rain, but I wonder what all that wet stuff was falling from the sky as I took the dogs down the road?

We headed for Huntsville today as I needed to take my hearing aids into the store for them to send off to the company to check before the warranty expires the end of July. I received more boxes of free batteries and the wax shields that fit into the hearing aids and are changed when one cleans them. Nice to have these given free as part of my agreement. We did a bit of shopping but as Harry pulled into the Gas station for gas ( $2.09.9) I decided to treat myself to a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. The past few trips I have declined this pleasure but today I felt I wanted something special for me. So off I walked to the Starbucks only to be greeted with a line up of people and a table set up outside with the sign "Mobile orders only". The store itself and the drive thru were closed. All the people had their smart phones out and were busy placing orders and the staff were bringing orders outside to the table and announcing what was there for that person to pick up. Left me out completely as I do not have a smart phone to order with or to pay from. Somehow I felt dejected. I cannot seem to win no matter what, and never get my well deserved treat. Oh, woe is me, haha! So I came home and had a glass of wine to soothe my feelings. One day it will work out for me. Pati you are spoiled to be able to go every day.

The last of the tomatoes were planted yesterday into pots ....Yeah for me! Now I have to get busy with maintenance and cleanup. I cut the grass today before the rain came. that is a chore unto itself. I have a weed eater that Mike is fixing for me and when i get it back, I will be able to do that chore. All along the front of the yard it full of milkweed plants growing so that area has to be kept protected. Harry is preparing to collect the caterpillars again this year and nurture the butterflies as he did last year. Only good part is that he is going to keep the containers in the shed out side instead of in the house as he did last year. Small blessing.

My friend Sue has asked for a date for us to meet face to face at Swiss Chalet for a long overdue Luncheon together in September and I am so looking forward to getting back to this welcomed ritual after such a  long few years over the Covid 19 restrictions stopped our plans. We have a wedding to attend on August 4 as well. Harry's sister Donna's daughter is getting married. I feel the obligation to attend, but I do not feel the desire. Does that make sense?

We have planned to have a yard sale at Willie's place in North Bay in July. I will take some of our stuff, and they will put out some of theirs. Hoping it will turn out OK for us all. In meantime, I must now start to gather sale items from my house which is full of stuff. Harry says he will also offer some items and then I will go up with our sale items to set up the tables and help man the sale for the day. I am hoping it will be a successful day.  

Now time to do the animal cages and head off to bed to read. Mike gave me another book he ordered for my Birthday that was published late in May. It is the most recent Phaedra Patrick offering called  The Messy Lives of Book People. I have loved all her other books so looking forward to this read. 

Time to sign off and do my chores. Hope you have a lovely weekend, and take care XX

No comments:

Post a Comment