Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Now we have the heat

 I agree...baby it's hot but the humidity is what gets you. I was able to work outside for some time yesterday but also sat at the table to rest more than a few times. Today i am making a loaf of raisin bread in a bread maker Harry got off the road at a house giving items free to the taker.. I am trying it out to see if it works. As you know, we have several other machines but have to try this one. It is in new shape and i do not think was used very much. 

I am eating freely from the garden these days - do my walkabout and pick a few tomatoes to eat and yesterday cucumbers and always grab some kale or lettuce along the way. How are your gardens growing. I had to laugh last week ( better than crying) as Harry brought home some zucchini plants to put into the garden. You know how productive one zucchini plant is, right? Well, we have 35 plants now growing. Do the math haha!

I still have some rhubarb that i can pick in the garden but not sure what to make at this point. I have enough jam done for the year to come. And if i bake I just eat it so do not want o indulge that way. And Harry is looking for more rhubarb plants at the garden centres around here to plant even more for next year.

I took my hearing aids into the Store to be sent away. When she asked it they were working ok ( she noted I had missed my yearly assessment visit) I said that my husband thinks they are not working ( this is a long time issues here with us) So she recommends an assessment appt when the aids are returned for my use. Maybe I should follow through with this.

Have a nice day folks, and stay cool.  😎

No comments:

Post a Comment