Thursday, October 20, 2022

Challenging Day

 The title says it all.  'Nuff said.

There have been a lot of accomplishments and acquisitions over the past couple of days.  Yesterday I went to the group meeting in Lorette.  One of the ladies crochets winter hats, and I had said I might like one if it was a dark colour. Well, she turned up with one of those helmet like things with ear flaps, and braids to tie under my chin.  She also crocheted it in two layers so it's super warm.  It is in deep navy, plain in the inside and with a silver thread stitched in on the out side.  And, yes, I will wear it when I need to. But she didn't have change for a $20, so I have to pay her next week.

As well, the lady from whom I ordered a home baked fruit cake, also showed up with something for me.  Again, no change for a $20, so someone else I have to pay next week. It is a lighter cake, with lots of fruit, and about the size of a regular loaf pan, but maybe not as high.  I have now started to brush brandy on it and wrap it in cheesecloth (amazing what can be found in my studio).  However, we tried a tiny piece tonight, and it is very nice, but will probably benefit from the moisture of the brandy.

This week I bought the makings for beef stew, as well as two 1lb packages of ground turkey.  The stew got made today, without benefit of beef stew seasoning, and lots of flavourings from my spices on hand, and my imagination.  Not too bad, if I do say so myself.  I've been on the internet for ground turkey recipes, and was dismayed to find that most of these sites now expect to be paid for their recipes.  So David went out and bought some turkey gravy mix, and I did find a few recipes that I didn't have to pay for, so tomorrow hope to deal with the turkey--as well as the wash!

Today, the last of the 16-5 1/2" square Pineapple quilt blocks was finished.  I have been working full out on this and am very glad to see the last of the construction.  They all have to be sewn together in three different configurations, but that should be a breeze after actually having to make them.  Plus, I now have a large bag of 1" strips to use in my next charity quilt, leftovers from the hundreds I cut for those darn pineapple blocks.

My next job now is to get David's computer up and running after having a major clean out.   It was in the shop for a week. Thank Goodness for the left over brandy.  Again, 'nuff said, and good night ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment