Wednesday, October 12, 2022

The rest of the weekend

 We did go pie shopping and found excellent pumpkin pies.  Yes, plural-we bought two of them.  After all, we had to use up that litre of whipping cream. We celebrated, food wise, Sunday.  Then Monday, we visited David's sister, Gail.  We've never done this before, unless there was a family gathering at her house.  A very pleasant visit.  We talked quite a bit about her garden.  She knows every inch of it, the name of every tree or bush, and how the birds act during the various seasons.  I know this comes from her living alone and being able to hire help when its needed. The conversation involved a lot of reminiscing and a mental sorting out of extended family, and where and when everyone fits in.  Tuesday, the discussion carried on a bit between David and Loren.  We also found out that Loren is going to the Grey Cup in Regina with a buddy. 

Then, this morning I weighed myself for the first time since last week.  I was down just over a pound, despite having my share of three different pies, and lots of whipped cream.  I think that knowing I would be eating pie, and then eating it, I did little snacking.  As well, we were both much more active than usual.  

Today is my group in Lorette.  There is also my Divas group, in the evening, out in Charleswood, near where the Overwaters used to live.  This means a lot of night driving, getting home quite late, as well as being a little "jazzed up".  Since we have to be up early tomorrow for David to go to DH, I've sent regrets for the Divas meeting.  I never thought that I would ever choose a group of irreverent older ladies over the Divas fibre art group, but I did.

As well, I've been active in the studio.  I moved things around and can now watch tv while sewing and have the ironing board just to the right of the sewing machine, so I don't have to get up to iron.  I hope to get a picture of what I'm doing for the other blog.

Time to move, I guess.  Best get on with the day.  Stay safe.  There was an article in today's newspaper about how the new premier of Alberta, considers the unvaccinated in the province as the most prejudiced against group in her province and wants to make special efforts to make it up to them.  Please don't consider moving to Alberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment