Sunday, October 2, 2022

Hand coming around

 Of course that makes me want to use it.  The box is finished, and a not posted about it on the other blog.  My husband appears to be a new man since coming off the CPAP machine.  Much more energy, and shorter nights, only 9-10 hours.  We are both more energetic, and are wondering if this is a caused by being more active in general, or the end of Long Covid, or a bit of both.

The yard is ready for winter.  We had our last grass cutting last week.  His machine even chewed up all of the small twigs that came down from the tress with the last heavy windy day.  He also takes all of the refuse with him, which suits us just fine.  All of the furniture is in the garage, and even poor old lion is put away for the winter.  If you remember, our fall "lion ceremony" was usually on Thanksgiving, but since there are just the two of us, it was a little earlier this year.  And, instead of the youngest male present carrying him into the garage, David used the wheelbarrow.  But the leaves still fall and blow around, so David is using his yard vacuum to pick them up and we still put out a yard waste bag every two weeks, and will be able to for an other month.

While shopping this week, we found a bargain on boneless chicken breasts.  I use so much boneless chicken, that I keep an eye open for bargains like this.  So that section of the freezer is full again, including two meals of filet--always a treat.  We also found the Golden Dragon thick Honey-Garlic B-B-Q Sauce that we both enjoy so much.  We have been looking and asking for this for several months.  Today I get to add up what we have spent on food over the past month.  I'm not picky about the details-if it's an expenditure in a grocery store or restaurant it counts.  I've been doing this for about 6 months, and know, in my mind, that this month was particularly bad, but 6 months gives me enough to do comparisons.  Not sure what I'll do with the results, but have a hunch that we'll choose to live out of the freezer for awhile.  I think everyone has a few "mistakes" that sit in the freezer until they get thrown out.  Well, we're starting to eat those now.  Yesterday we had two small "tenderized" steaks.  Yeah, with the first meal, they needed so much tenderizing that they almost fell apart, and were still barely edible.  This time I browned them off, and put them in a casserole with some canned gravy and put them in a slow oven for about 90 minutes.  They were fine.  A treat even.  Today will be bone-in chicken legs, cooked the same way with Diana Sauce.  The sauce has been sitting in the cupboard for far too long, and needed using.  David has one potato that needs using, and I may use a bit of brown rice.

There's one problem with this type of cooking--I get to do the cooking.  But David gets to watch the football games that he loves, so maybe not so much of a sacrifice, after all.

Again I urge you to stay safe ladies.  I know I carry a mask with me -always.

No comments:

Post a Comment