Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Lots of leaves to rake up

 Here we are in the Fall with so many beautiful coloured leaves on the trees it is glorious this year. And they are also falling on the ground here at home which means a bit more cleanup is necessary. The neighbour next door brought out his big machine yesterday with the huge device on the back and vacuumed his lawn nice and clean. Mine is not! But then the leaves keep falling so what is the point...right?

I am doing what i can outside and right now cleaning the leaves from the ground is not priority for me. But I am making some progress and with a few days of rain forecast this week I might rest a bit from outside work, but then get right back at it by the weekend. The rest may do me some good as i can feel the strain on my poor old body haha!

Pati you mentioned that quilt you started called Long Time Gone, and i was compelled to look it up again on The Quilt Show because I had watched several episodes of Dee Christopher Live making that very quilt. Was it this series that prompted you to start the quilt or, had you already started it before on your own? It is very detailed and intensive from my perspective, so I wish you luck at rejuvenating it from your stash and look forward to some reports ( no pressure of course haha!) I am still looking closely at a more recent show where the guest made one called A Maze Zing which caught my eye. I have printed a picture of it, marked the actual show to watch again, and plotted a drawing of its structure on graph paper. Idle time I guess.....

This morning I plan to bake some muffins to take with us to Mike's tomorrow as we celebrate Thanksgiving with him..an early celebration but then we do not have to adhere to the actual day since we do not work and can choose a day with maybe less traffic? Harry will prepare the fixings for the meal today as well and then we will head out early tomorrow,

Speaking of early, I am a bit cautious these days taking the dogs out in the dark in the early morning when I get up. First a few weeks ago it was a warning of coyotes in the area of our street and the next, and then a warning of a bear in the next street. The day before I was in the yard and came across a certain indication that a bear had visited us. Several huge piles of excrement in different places in our yard!!!! And then the next day an indication of another visit in seeing the bark from a tree stump in our front yard where all the bark had been clawed away and left on the ground. But no actual sighting or encounter, thank goodness. Its scary out there haha!

Well on with my day folks. Hope you are having some nice "sit out side" weather. We must enjoy it now before the snow flies. We are all ready with our Hallowe'en candy bagged and in a laundry basket, and all I have to do is go to the storage unit and bring the decorations home and decorate closer to the actual date.  But we always seem to get a touch of the white stuff before that date.

Take care and be safe...Thinking of you ..👵❤

No comments:

Post a Comment