Thursday, December 8, 2022

A day best forgotten.

 Sorry to hear about Jim's problems, Cathy.  Atrial Fibrillation is at the root of all of David's issues the past few years, so we're well acquainted with it, and the issues that go with it. Both of you take more care from now on.

Today was to have been David's last day at DH (actually last week was supposed to be the last, but he was asked for one more week for re-assessments by Physio and OT.)   However, every person there asked him if he was going to come back next week for the Christmas Party.  He agreed pretty quickly. I went to all his groups and was expected to participate.  We also had a chat with the Social Worker who encouraged us to be looking for a placement now, and get our names on waiting lists, as the current wait is about 3 years, and they are only seeing the beginning of the baby boomers coming of age.

However, I was also to observe the re-assessments.  It turned out to be only with the physio.  After she re-assessed David, she was showing me a walker that had impressed David last week.  (I now need one occasionally) Wouldn't you know it, I had a fall trying to turn with the walker. Hurt my left knee, hip and elbow, as well as a few other places.  Considering where we were, they insisted on taking me through to Urgent care where we waited for almost 3 hours before I was seen.  Actually that was a short wait these days, and only because I didn't need a treatment bed, only x-rays.  Quite a few of the people who were waiting when we got there were still waiting when we left.  They had a small alcove with a smaller attached space just large enough for a stretcher.  There were 5 chairs in the alcove, all numbered, and a doctor in the tiny space whose job was to see the ambulatory people who arrived and sat in the chairs.  Nothing broken, but I'm going to have bruises in interesting places. I'm not very active this evening, just sitting and using the computer.  Everything hurts and I'm sure it will be "early to bed" for me.  If "early to rise" follows that's okay too.  David's energy level appears to be about the same.

So, here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day, and that I can move well enough to do the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment