Friday, December 9, 2022

Maybe "best forgotten" but...

 ....still very much on my mind and close to my heart as I read about both of your unexpected adverse events of this week. Best to focus on the weeks to come with some "Merry and Bright" as I have read coming from the media as the most recent things to say these days. I have seen pillows, and banners and mugs all adorned with this saying.  I sort of always liked "...have a Merry Christmas" but perhaps that is no longer politically correct? And with the ground still green and the sun shining maybe even Christmas will be a little different this year as well? 

I have been trying to bake chocolate covered peanut butter balls with some obvious problems and some messy results. I had left over peanut butter mixture from my attempt last evening, so today I made a quasi New York Slice ( Mom's recipe) or Nanaimo Bars as they are more commonly called but substituting the Birds Eye custard filling with the peanut butter mixture. I know, don't choke with laughter....

They are outside in a cooler now to harden. I also have the balls from last evening in the fridge which I will eat but with less enthusiasm as I had going into this the other day. Why didn't I just make our good old Christmas cookies - they always turn out haha!

Take care all.... be careful...👀❤....thinking of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment