Friday, December 16, 2022

So the snow has finally arrived....

 Sorry to read Pati, that your ladies get together on Wed was postponed by the snow storm but safety is really the priority. I think of the many times when I was working that I was out on the roads when I should not have been. A few close calls that I remember with some dread still  at how crazy we were to think we had to keep going.  I headed to North Bay today after shoveling myself out of the driveway and it was heavy wet snow at that. The kind they call "heart attach snow". But I had planned this trip for myself for some weeks and since time is closing in before Christmas arrives, I wanted to get it done. Plus the forecast for the days to come is no better with snow squalls etc to look forward to. I had no problems with the drive and so the day went smoothly for me. I treated myself to a Dr Pepper for the drive home and realized yet again how much I enjoy that drink but never seem to buy any on regular shopping trips to have on hand at home.

So I just finished my leg exercises as laid out by the Physiotherapist and plan to get into bed soon. When i get out of bed each morning lately I find I cannot walk the leg is so weak but as the Physio told me it is just the muscles "waking up" from been dead for so long. I have a cane handy to help me if i need it and so in the mornings i am using it until the leg shakes out and I can walk better. Oh woe is me....

Take care all - not only for this weather but also all the sickness that is all around us.  Only nine more sleeps until Christmas...but who's counting. 😇 

No comments:

Post a Comment