Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Lull before the storm

 Now we're hitting "just waiting" time.  There is no more to do before Christmas.  We have our reservation for our Christmas dinner, and will probably take one day at a time the following week.  But, as of Wednesday evening, we have no firm plans before Christmas day.

Wednesday, my Fibre Art Support group, The Fibre Art Divas, will be meeting here in the afternoon.  The studio is ready, although I still have to wash the bathroom floor, and that will be done today.  I did attend one meeting last summer, but with travel time, it took the whole day, and David drove me. They have met  face-to-face a few other times, but it was often out of town, or in the evening.  The meetings have been changed to afternoon, both to facilitate my attending, as well as making things much easier for the ladies who travel from out of town.

We usually have a sort of "show-n-tell" during the meetings but discuss things in more depth than the term might suggest, as they are all "Art quilters", but work in a variety of mediums and styles.  I have very little to show them, but believe that a couple of pieces that are currently on the wall, could represent "new" work.  Maybe I can just bask in the knowledge that my piece "Tall Grass Prairie" sold at the final stop for our two year travelling show entitled "Home".  Haven't seen a cheque yet, though.

Sunday was the "Volunteer Appreciation Dinner" for the Gallery in Selkirk.  It was held at the Golf Club, as such events usually are, but in the afternoon rather than the evening.  Many of the volunteers are quite elderly and no longer venture out in the evening--including the two of us.  A pleasant event, including a full turkey dinner, and one we both enjoyed.  Made me think of the Christmas dinners we had when we were young, usually at Auntie Lorrain's house.  Those were often in the early afternoon, as well.

Still moving slowly, after my fall last week, and now have quite a variety of colourful bruises.  Today, I plan to get started on the suggestions we got from the Social Worker on Thursday.  I know what has to be done, and I just need to get to it.  I'll let you know how things work out.

Have a good week ladies, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment