Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be - Make my Father proud

OK, so I am not the carpenter that my Father was....but I'm trying. Today while siliconing the windows ( read holes ) I fell off the ladder and hurt my leg and hand. But I had to keep on working because the silicone kept squeezing out the nozzle and I couldn't do anything to stop it until the tube ran out. And I have had to hammer nails in for Harry and although I managed OK, I lack the strength to put much ummpph into it, and I tried to saw a piece of wood and I couldn't get the blade to start to cut. I looked at my watch tonight and the face is covered with silicone so I sat watching the news, trying to scratch it off only resulting in it smearing all over the glass. My next attempt is to use GOO GONE. But I'm happy to say that there are now four walls completed with only the roof to put on. If today had been nicer we might have attempted it but it has been cold, and windy and intermittently raining a bit. Once done, then it will have to be painted. We have white paint purchased for the picket fence that is just waiting for us to start. Actually, I think it is the neighbour that is patiently waiting for us to start - it was his choice to paint it white - it will match his place but I wanted to paint it green but thats another story.
Mike arrived home late last night from his Summit duties, and will have a few days to get ready before he leaves for his summer duties in Petawawa that start July 5. I expect we may have to make a few trips again to pick up and deliver the odd time if he is off on the weekends and can come back to North Bay, although he makes every effort to make other transportation arrangements if he can. There is usually always some other person driving to North Bay or even Timmins that he can hitch a ride with, but he knows he can call us and we'll help him out.
Well, tomorrow to Mothers again, so I better have a nice bath and to bed. By the way it was very nice to speak with you both over the last few days - I enjoy the blog, but enjoy your voices even more. Soon I will also enjoy seeing you!!
Take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment