Tuesday, June 28, 2016

..And the beat goes on...

Well, today is another day.  The city was out today to turn the water off, and discovered that the underground pipes need to be repaired, and since they are on our side of the sidewalk, it will be at our expense.  The leaking interior valve can't be replaced until that work is done.  So the fellow called in to put a rush work order through.  The first thing is that someone, at some time, has to come out and paint the lawn to show how much needs to be dug out.  Then the city has 14 days to complete the repair work.  I have no idea what this may cost, but I do believe that as of the end of May we are now insured against such things.  I sure hope so.

Since I went out to pay bills and grocery shop, I had to park on the street when I got home, and discovered all this going on.  Walking across the lawn, I noticed a very bare patch of grass, looking very much like the patches we had that were infested with parasitic worms.  This had resulted in having our whole lawn dug out and replaced--Ka-a-a-ching!--a couple of years ago.  The first line of defense is to try to dig out the patch and only replace that much.  Neither of us is in any shape to even think about that today.

It's anticipated that they will be painting next Monday, with Friday being a holiday.  We have been firmly told to sleep somewhere else that night, so another task today is to head out and see if we can make a hotel reservation for that night.  While this is something we had considered, it's still $$$, and we had hoped to avoid the privilege.

But, I've had my special Starbucks coffee, and had an excellent salad from Subway for supper last evening. There is no urgent housework pending, and I get to spend the rest of the day in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment