Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hot here

I do not complain - I rather like being outside in the sun, and slight wind, and hottish temps. Although I wished I had a little pool like your's Cathy to jump in.  Harry did his garage sales thing and ended up in Sprucedale to cut the grass on the grave site.  I had put our little manual push mower in the car for him. It works well for me around the yard where it is hard to push the gas mower. Apparently he had some difficulty with it - perhaps the grass was too thick?The heat bothers him greatly as well so he lay down under the fan and I was out watering when .....Surprise! Mike and Erin drove in.  I had a wonderful visit with them (they had brought a Father's Day card for Harry) They were on their way to Toronto to visit her family and likely to take Fathers Day greetings to her dad. It is a short trip as they will be back tomorrow evening.  It has been quite awhile since Mike was here, and he was awe struck with how things around the yard looked so different to him.  Lately he has been nostalgic about a lot of events and happenings in the past - I like this because to date, the past has meant nothing to him. So I encourage our conversations best I can!
Well, another day of nice weather and I expect outside work.  No big wins in the Lottery last night ( a free play but I'll take it) so Hope remains eternal for the coming week  haha!
Take care  ps what notions/fabric did you end up purchasing at Fabricland Pati?

No comments:

Post a Comment