Thursday, June 16, 2016

Red Blouse

The red blouse arrived in the mail this morning.  It's still just  tiny bit too big, but I was told that it doesn't come in a smaller size.  For the price, I wish it fit a little better, but it fits well enough.  It's probably meant to fit over leggings, but the red pants are slim fitting enough. It has emboidery around the front of the neckline and down on each side of the buttons. I've decided to keep it for a couple of reasons
1. it's red
2. it matches the pants, 
3. my "boobs' don't fall out, and
4. it's not a T-shirt!




We've talked about the possibility of wearing it as an over-blouse if it gets too big, but I've decided to just enjoy it for as long as I can, even if that's just a couple of months.  That was the intent of buying clothes now and good enough for me. I do believe that I now own more red clothes than black, and that says something about my mood these days.  Most of the time, I'm keeping the "blues" at bay.

Yesterday we got a call from David's sister inviting us over for supper, as their cousin Ian, from Saskatoon, was on his way through, and would be spending the night. He and his wife, Maxine, had been at a car show out East, (Grand Rapids Michigan?)  He was telling us about touring a factory, and seeing the assembly lines etc, and finding the whole experience quite interesting. Coming back they were hoping to make it home in a couple of days, and wanted to avoid the horrendous driving in and around Chicago, so took a ferry across Lake Michigan.  It took four hours, and she said that they didn't see another boat, but it probably saved them a day's travel time.  I had never heard of this, but it really makes sense.

During conversation David mentioned a travel mug he had, that we had tried to sell at the garage sale.  It turned out that it was a fairly valuable thing to a collector of MoPar Auto Parts, which Ian is. So after we got home, David turned around, and took it to him. I hear he left the city a very happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment