Sunday, July 3, 2022

Canada Day weekend and all is well

 Hi from Sunny Sundridge,

Nice and quiet weekend except for some of the neighbours. Fireworks on Friday night from several different spots well into the late evening. People like to celebrate I guess.  The actual Village fireworks were held last Saturday evening at the waterfront. I imagine the Village decided to celebrate Canada Day last weekend to avoid the commotion over the long weekend here. So many people coming up to their cottages and running the streets.  We sat outside for lunch yesterday and suddenly heard the roar of a chainsaw across the street. The neighbours there have been for the last two years gradually cutting down all their majestic trees lining the road and property. We have the same on our side and it always looked nice. And private! Now they are opening up their view totally and I do not really want to see into their back yard - they have a swimming pool and two young boys and all we hear is yelling and screaming and splashing. And then the mother yelling and screaming at them ( and at her husband by the way) But it is what it is... so we will have to ignore it. And then on the other side of our property the neighbours from the Netherlands have come for the summer. He is not so bad except if he catches you going by the fence he wants to talk and talk and talk. He came June 7 and will stay until early Sept, and now on Thursday his wife and sister are coming for this month.

I keep busy with the yard and garden and some housework - as little as is possible! We have that wedding to attend on Aug 4 and I cannot find my good summer shoes to wear. What do you think it would look like if I just wore my sandals? I am wearing slacks and it is an outdoor ceremony and no one is there to see me, so I think it would be OK? I am wondering now if I did not get rid of those summer shoes some time ago when I realized after not working anymore that I would not need them? I cannot remember and it really does not matter in the big scheme of things.

I have been watching some Midsomer Murders on the computer lately and just the other day Mike hooked me up to his NetFlix account so i could watch another series he was liking. it is a NetFlix show called Pirates Gold on Adak Island. It was the first season and 8 episodes and I whipped through them in three evenings it was so interesting. The season ended last evening and it appears that they will continue with Season two next year. So I shall enjoy picking up on that again.

So the day starts here. Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy getting out and sitting in the yard. I did yesterday and really enjoyed just sitting ( with my lunch of  hamburgers and two beer to wash it down haha!)  Take care... thinking of you 👀

No comments:

Post a Comment